Monday, November 14, 2022

Redress Success featuring Omma (5 inch Fairytopia Omma by Mattel)


 Treesa here. It's been a while since I've attempted to redress one of these 5 inch Mattel fairy dolls. The last one that I posted about was Mariette back in 2017. Admittedly, these dolls are challenging to redress. They're small for starters. But from my experience, the most difficult hurdle when redressing these fairy dolls is their wide-armed stance. The arms are only articulated at the shoulders, so trying to position them so they'll fit into the armholes of a shirt or dress, even a sleeveless one, tends to be difficult, especially with those posed wrists.

But, as frequent readers of this blog know well, I have a weakness for dolls with 'fantasy hair colors'. And it seems that children who played with these dolls back when they were first released in 2004 had a tendency to lose the small accessories, like the factory issued 'flower petal' skirt and hat that Omma would've originally come with. So these fairies are often in need of clothing when they're found for sale secondhand. Considering that Omma's friend, Organza, still needs to be redressed, something tells me I should keep on the lookout for small doll halter tops.

The top that Omma is wearing in the photo appears to be from a 2003 Bratz Strut It! Meygan doll, according to my online research. I don't actually collect Bratz dolls, but I do tend to buy mixed bag lots of doll clothing and accessories from thrift stores. So I often end up with some very random clothing pieces.

The skirt was part of a 2015 Bratz Deluxe Fashion Pack, that I bought after other doll collectors online shared how they'd used pieces from these packs for other, hard to reclothe dolls like Barbie's sister Stacie. I think the green leaves on the skirt's sunflower print coordinate pretty well with Omma's factory painted green bodysuit. And the autumn leaves outside provide a lovely photo backdrop.

I hope you enjoyed this 'redress success', and Happy Fall to you all.

Signed, Treesa

4 comments: