Friday, May 6, 2016

Dandelion's Story: The Sequel (redressed Fairytopia Dandelion)

 
Sorry to barge in here.  I wasn't planning on doing another post but Treesa just dropped a major bombshell on me. There I was, minding my own business when Treesa came over and said, "There's someone I want you to meet." Then she brought over this little girl doll, a little girl doll with ORANGE HAIR!
 
 
Well, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what Treesa was up to. I was so ticked. I'd thought Treesa was trying to cut back on 'meddling', but I guess not.
 
Anyway, I knew I'd have to talk fast if I wanted Treesa to hear me out. But I knew I'd have to be careful what I said. Kids soak stuff up like a sponge, and I didn't want to get chewed out by the other dolls for being a 'bad example' in front of the little girl doll. I also didn't want to hurt the kid's feelings and make her cry. So, before Treesa could get another word out I said, "Can it wait? We need to talk."
 
Treesa looked kinda nervous for a second. But she pasted on a smile before she turned back to the little girl doll. "Why don't you go play with your friend Tabitha, okay Pumpkin?" Treesa said.
 
"'Kay," the little girl doll said. She turned around and skipped away. As soon as she was out of earshot I told Treesa, "No, no way, I'm too young to be a mother!" Treesa kinda sighed and said, "I was hoping she'd be your little sister."
 
"Either way I'd have to take care of her!" I said. "I'm not ready for that! Pumpkin's a cute kid, but I'm not going to drop everything and adopt her!"
 
"Her name is Marigold," Treesa said. "Pumpkin's just a nickname. She's a Halloween doll, and when I got her she was dressed like a pumpkin."
 
"You're not listening!" I said. "I'm not 'caregiver' material! I'm a single doll who's used to doing whatever she wants! Can you really see ME with a kid?"
 
"Okay, okay," Treesa said. "If you don't want her you don't have to take her." I was happy at first. After all, I'd got what I wanted. But then I thought of something. "What'll happen to her if I don't take her?" I asked.
 
"She'll stay with my other sixth-scale child dolls who don't have families yet," Treesa said. I didn't know much about Treesa's 'orphan' sixth-scale kids. I'd heard they all tried to look out for each other, and the older ones kept an eye on the younger ones. It didn't sound that great to me, waiting around 'til someone wanted you. "So, now you're trying to guilt trip me," I said. "If I don't take her no one else will?"
 
"I didn't say THAT," Treesa argued. "You asked me a question and I answered it." Treesa must've noticed I felt sorry for Marigold. "You don't have to make a decision now Dandelion," Treesa said. "Just think about it." I knew I had to get out of there before Treesa changed my mind. "I'm going to talk to Shade," I said.
 
When I found Shade she was talking to Celeste. I thought it'd be a good idea to get Celeste's opinion too. Shade's my best friend, but she's a little too much like me. When we're excited or upset we can be a little impulsive. Celeste is a lot more...'level-headed' I guess, and she always gives good advice.
 
Anyway, I didn't want to interrupt in case Shade and Celeste were talking about something important. Lucky for me Celeste turned her head a little and saw me standing there. I must've had a bad look on my face because Celeste asked what was wrong right away. I told her and Shade about Marigold, and how Treesa wanted Marigold to be my little sister. The weird thing is, Shade didn't complain about Treesa's 'meddling' like I thought she would. She actually liked the idea of having a kid in our group. "Does this mean I get to be an 'Auntie'?" Shade asked.
 
"Traitor," I said. At least Celeste seemed to realize I didn't like the idea. "If you really feel you're not ready to be a caregiver then Treesa should respect that," Celeste said. "Being a caregiver is a lot of work, and if your heart isn't in it then any child you adopt will feel like a burden." I told you Celeste gives good advice.
 
Anyway, that's where things are right now. I haven't really 'met' Marigold yet and I'm not sure I want to. What if I end up liking her and wanting to keep her? I just know I'd be a lousy caregiver. Some dolls just shouldn't have kids. And it's not fair to Marigold if I have to give her back because I can't take care of her. Celeste said rushing things won't do any good, and I shouldn't do anything before I'm ready. So I asked her how I'll know if I'm ready. "You'll know," Celeste said. If you ask me, she could've been a little more helpful than that.
 
Later, Dandelion 



No comments:

Post a Comment