Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Galoob Anastasia Doll Dress


Hello friends and visitors. It's Treesa. This post starts with the dress pictured above. Originally, this dress would've belonged to an Anastasia Dream Waltz doll by Galoob. (The Galoob Anastasia doll line was based on the Anastasia animated movie, produced by Twentieth Century Fox in the late 90s.) I got the dress in a bag lot of doll clothes that I bought from the thrift store. I held onto it because, honestly, I just think it's a beautiful dress.

However, the body design used for the Galoob Anastasia dolls must've been very different from anything used by their competitors, because I've tried this dress on just about every doll body type I can think of and it hasn't fit anyone. The major problem seems to be with the waist. I don't own a Galoob Anastasia doll, but judging by the cut of the dress the Anastasia dolls must've had very tiny waists. The dress is also high-waisted, and based on the fitting problems I've been having I strongly suspect that the doll herself was high-waisted as well.

Below you'll find a list of the various doll body types that I've tried the dress on, along with some brief notes I made listing the fitting problems I had with each of the different body types.

Barbie 'belly button' doll body (dress doesn't close in back)
Barbie doll body, pre-'belly button' era (dress too tight, doesn't close in back)
'Model Muse'/posed Barbie doll body (dress doesn't close in back)
Barbie/Midge vintage doll body (dress doesn't close in back)
Barbie 'twist & turn' vintage doll body (dress doesn't close in back)
Fashionistas Swappin' Styles articulated doll body (dress too small, doesn't close in back)
Monster High articulated doll body (top too loose, waist fits)
Ever After High articulated doll body (bodice too large, dress doesn't close at waist)
DC Super Hero Girls articulated doll body, first run (bodice too large, dress doesn't close at waist)
Disney Store articulated princess doll body (dress doesn't close in back)
Hasbro Disney princess doll body (bodice too large, dress doesn't close at waist)
Project MC2 doll body (bodice loose/too wide, dress doesn't close at waist)
Liv doll body (a little too tight in the bust, dress doesn't close at waist)
Skipper 90s era doll body (bodice loose, dress doesn't close at waist)
Francie vintage doll body (bodice too loose at sides and below bust, dress doesn't close all the way)
Star Wars Forces Of Destiny Sabine Wren Hasbro doll body (bodice slightly too large, dress doesn't close at waist)

The fact that I tried the dress on Sabine just proves that I was getting desperate. Sabine was not at all happy about being redressed by the way, even though I told her it was only temporary. I can't say that I blame her. The dress really doesn't suit her personality.

Anyway, if you can think of a doll who isn't on my list and who might fit in the dress, be sure to leave a comment. Though I've gotten so frustrated by the whole thing, I'm beginning to think I should just toss the dress in a donation bag.

Signed, Treesa

2 comments:

  1. You might be able to get the dress to close with a J-Doll/Pullip body, but it would probably be too big in the bust. And I don't know if you have any of those dolls. Have you tried finding a picture of a Galoob Anastasia doll nude, to see if her body looks similar to something that you have? It's a shame, because it is a beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't own any J-Dolls or Pullips, but thanks for commenting. I hadn't even thought of trying to find a nude picture of the original doll. I'm not sure how easy it would be to judge proportions from a photo, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks again.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete