Monday, June 1, 2015

Dandelion's Story (redressed Fairytopia Dandelion)

 
I'll be honest, when Treesa asked how many of us wanted to write our memoirs for a blog I thought she was nuts. I mean, Treesa is always coming up with all sorts of crazy ideas so I'm used to that. But seriously, how many humans can there be out there who want to read stories from a bunch of dolls. It's not like they listen to what we say anyway. Well, some of them do I guess. But most of them don't.
 
Anyway, the only doll who really jumped at the chance to share with the world was Geena. I could tell Treesa was disappointed. She's got a terrible poker face. So I told her I'd give it a shot. It did kinda sound like fun.
 
I met Treesa at a flea market. I was in a cardboard box with a bunch of other dolls and Treesa was one of the humans who came over to check us out. Now, here's the thing about dolls and flea markets. Believe it or not, some dolls actually WANT to be there. Sure, lots of dolls panic when they hear the words 'yard sale'. I started out that way. But being in storage for a few years changed my mind. After a while ANYTHING seemed better than being stuck in that box. If I hadn't had a bunch of other dolls to talk to I would've gone crazy. I mean sure, sometimes having to LISTEN to all those other dolls drove me crazy. But I know I was lucky. I've heard stories from dolls who were stored in solitary. It does things to you.
 
Anyway, back at the flea market, it was actually Treesa's sister who saw us first. She looked in the box, ran off across the aisle, and came back with Treesa. I found out later the reason Treesa came over so fast was her sister told her there was a brunette, bubblecut repro Barbie in the box. Raven always was an attention getter.
 
Anyway, Treesa pulled Raven out, poked around in the box some more, then asked for a price. When she found out we were 50 cents each she really started digging. I wasn't too surprised when she grabbed the blond Barbie wearing Raven's original dress. But when she picked me up well, surprised doesn't even cover it. I couldn't believe it. I had kinda pegged Treesa as a collector and I'm a playline doll, not a collector's item. I didn't even have my original fairy outfit. To be honest, I was a little ticked off about that. I mean yeah, most of us had been redressed in whatever. We'd been played with for crying out loud. But the dress I was stuck with was this really ugly, bright pink thing with a letter B print. Treesa thought it was ugly too. But she told me later it helped her see my potential, whatever that means.
 
Anyway, when Treesa got us home she had her other sister help piece together a new outfit for me. Treesa told her sister she was going for sort of a trendy, high school look. Something with a skirt, so my painted tights would show. Mixing and matching all the different pieces to figure out what looked best took forever. I lost track of how many things I had to try on and take off. But I've gotta say I'm rocking my new look.
 
 
The peace sign necklace is a bit much. Treesa added that as an inside joke. Since my name's Dandelion, she's always saying my parents were hippies. Treesa's sister said if I'm going to high school it must be Xavier's, whatever that means. Treesa said it was an X-Men reference.
 
Anyway, my new look turned out so well Treesa said it 'inspired' her. Since I came here she's bought and redressed a bunch of other dolls with 'fantasy hair colors', her words not mine. I think there's six or seven of us now. It's hard to keep track in a collection this big.
 
Anyway, I guess that's about it. I'd better let Treesa know I'm done with her laptop.
 
Later, Dandelion


4 comments:

  1. You look awesome, Dandelion! Tell Treesa that I, as a human, would love to see/meet the other "fantasy hair" dolls and tell yourself that I, as a human, really enjoyed reading about you. :)

    MyLittleMegara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey MyLittleMegara,
      I'll help get the word out to the other 'fantasy hair' dolls. I might be able to talk a couple of them into doing posts.
      Later, Dandelion

      Delete
  2. Fantasy colored hair makes interesting dolls. I like Dandelion's orange hair and Shade's blue hair. Congrats on finding them!

    Thanks for tipping me to the existence of a Korean-market Mattel Wonder Woman Barbie. I'll add that doll to a revised/updated post list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To D7ana,
      Thanks for checking out the blog. It's always nice to get feedback.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete