Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Introduction

Dear unknown friends and visitors,

The idea of dolls and other toys being alive has been around for a long time.  There is a Russian folktale where a doll, given to a little girl by her dying mother, comes to life to protect the girl from a cannibalistic witch. Authors like Marjorie Filley Stover (who wrote When The Dolls Woke) and Rumer Godden (her 'doll' books are favorites of mine) and the writing team of Ann M. Martin and Laura Godwin (authors of The Doll People series) to name just a few, have all explored the secret lives of playthings. Add to this the popular Toy Story films and it seems that humans often wonder just what their toys get up to when no one is looking.

As a collector of fashion dolls, it is my belief that every doll has a story to tell. With this in mind, and inspired by other blogs I've seen, I've invited my collection of dolls to share their stories.  It's an extensive collection, so they should have plenty to say, if they actually feel like talking.  Geena (a Generations Of Dreams Barbie) was immediately on board with the project and Dandelion (a redressed Fairytopia Dandelion doll) was skeptical but was willing to give it a shot. I'm not sure how many of the others are interested in participating. Nevertheless, I plan to set up the blog and see what happens. I have a sneaking suspicion that my dolls will enjoy having a creative outlet, once the groundwork is laid.

Thanks for stopping by. I send out my best wishes to all of you.

Signed, Treesa

P.S. The opinions expressed herein are those of my dolls and do not necessarily reflect my own viewpoints.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! We can't wait to find out more!

    MyLittleMegara, Meg, and Anna

    ReplyDelete