Monday, March 9, 2020

Walt Disney World Winter Vacation: 2019 (Part 2)

(This post will be picking up where Part 1 left off. Just a reminder, there are two dolls who are coauthoring this post with me and their words have been labeled and color coded to avoid confusion over who is speaking.)

Treesa: The day after I got sick, we went to Disney's Animal Kingdom park. Although the park is known for its live animals, Stormy didn't like the idea of getting too close to the windows of the animal enclosures. Gala didn't seem to mind though.

Gala: Treesa took a bunch of pictures.


Treesa: Unfortunately, this is the only photo of Gala with an animal that turned out at all, due to lighting conditions and reflection. Gala did say no to getting her picture taken with any of the local lizards.


Treesa: These little guys were all over the parks, sunning themselves in any convenient spot.

Gala: I didn't want a lizard jumping on me.

Treesa: I was pretty sure that wouldn't happen. But I could see that Gala was scared, so I didn't push her too much about posing for a photo.


Treesa: This picture of Gala on top of a rock wall was also taken at Animal Kingdom park. Stormy, meanwhile, preferred getting her picture taken with some of the flowers that made up a portion of the park's landscaping.




Stormy: I liked the pretty flowers.

Treesa: And here's a photo of a 'butterfly crossing sign we saw in the park.


Gala: But we didn't see any butterflies.

Treesa: I think it was the wrong time of year for them. Anyway, the day after that, which happened to be my birthday, was spent at Magic Kingdom park. We visited a lot of the classic attractions, like Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Stormy: The pirate ride was scary. There were skeleton pirates, and canons shooting, and at the end the buildings were all on fire.

Treesa: We also rode on the Jungle Cruise, only it had been given a holiday overlay and was called the Jingle Cruise. And here's a photo from the preshow of another classic Disney attraction, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room


Gala (singing): All the birds sing words and the flowers too,

Treesa: It's 'and the flowers croon', Gala. Croon is another word for sing.

Gala: Stormy got scared when the building came to life.

Treesa: Gala means the part of the show when the tiki idols sing. I'll admit, the Enchanted Tiki Room finale may be a little intense for youngsters.

Stormy: But I liked the singing birds part.

Treesa: To get back to the trip, this next set of photos was taken at the Swiss Family Treehouse attraction.




Gala: There were lots of steps. It took Treesa a long time to walk up all of them.

Treesa: Okay, Gala. I know I need to get in better shape. But we need to finish writing about the trip right now.


Treesa: Here's a photo of the Cinderella fountain at Magic Kingdom park.


Treesa: And speaking of fountains, here's a picture of another fountain that we saw the next day at Epcot. If you look closely, there's a stream of water shooting out from one of the 'launching pads'.

Gala: The water kept jumping back and forth! It was really cool.


Treesa: Here are a few more photos of Stormy posing with some flowers. This shot was taken at the United Kingdom pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase.


Treesa: And this photo is from Epcot's China pavilion. Unfortunately, that's the last photo I have with Stormy or Gala in it. Like I said at the beginning, it was difficult finding photo ops for dolls their size. Also, I've noticed that when I'm on vacation I often forget to take pictures. Oh sure, I'll remember to drag a camera around with me day after day. But then I get so busy trying to make the most of the trip that the thought of stopping to take pictures completely slips my mind. Not to mention the Disney parks have a 'no flash photography' rule for many of their indoor attractions.

I really wanted to get a picture of Gala and Stormy at Be Our Guest Restaurant. (My family had breakfast reservations there the day before we were scheduled to fly home.) I even packed a table setting from the discontinued Disney Happy Places line for the dolls to share. Unfortunately it was so dark inside the restaurant that I could barely see what I was eating.

Gala: And the fruit bowl had lots of melon in it. Treesa doesn't like melon.

Stormy: But all the food smelled good.

Treesa: Anyway, I guess that about wraps it up. We got back home a week and a half before Christmas. It was a nice vacation overall, though the first several days it felt like my family and I were running around so much trying to see everything that I wasn't getting the time to enjoy anything. I was so exhausted in the evenings that I skipped a lot of the nighttime light shows and fireworks.

Gala: But we saw the show where the elves rescued Santa!

Treesa: That was Jingle Bell Jingle Bam at Hollywood Studios park, and I'll admit I enjoyed that one. Still, it wasn't quite the vacation I'd imagined when we first booked the tickets at the beginning of the year.

Stormy: Me either, too many scary things.

Treesa: I'm sorry, Stormy. But think of it this way. If you hadn't gone with me, you would've wondered what you missed out on.

Anyway, I think it's past time that I got this posted. Goodbye for now.

Signed, Treesa (and Gala and Stormy)

2 comments:

  1. Lizards are beautiful, but they sure can jump on you! So I agree with Gala. :)

    ReplyDelete