Friday, March 11, 2016

Ken's Story (Sun Gold Malibu Ken)

 
I managed to talk Suzanne into letting me read her post a while back. She asked me not to read it when she first posted it. I think she was a little embarrassed of some of the things she wrote. I could have gone ahead and read it anyway I guess. But a good marriage is built on trust. So I waited until I had Suzanne's permission. When I joked that the post was on the internet where total strangers could read it but she wouldn't let her own husband read it Suzanne gave in.
 
Even though we've been married for almost 30 years some of the stuff Suzanne wrote still surprised me a little. Suzanne's told me before that she fell in love with me the first time I smiled at her. But I don't think I really believed it until I read her post. The way she describes how we first met...she couldn't write stuff like that unless she actually FELT it!
 
But I guess I shouldn't be THAT surprised. I knew the moment I saw Suzanne that I wanted to get to know her better. She was the most beautiful doll I'd ever seen! She still is, even though we've both gotten just a little worse for wear over the years. Humans get grey hair and wrinkles when they get older. So I guess it's only fair we're showing our age. I won't go into details here. I don't want to embarrass my wife. Suzanne gets a little self-conscious sometimes about her so called 'condition issues'. If you ask me there's nothing seriously wrong with her. But even if there was I'd still love her. After all, our daughter Skipper has much more serious 'condition issues' and we wouldn't trade her for anything.
 
I know a lot of humans don't see getting married and raising kids as a dream life. But I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing than showing the three dolls I care about the most just how much I love them. Every day I try to let my wife and daughters know just how special they are to me. I try to be there for them no matter what. And when the going gets tough their love and support help keep me going.
 
People say there's strength in numbers and I think they're right. I think me and Suzanne and Skipper and Taffy are stronger together as a family than we would be by ourselves. I think it's because we've learned to work together. We try to do what's best for all of us instead of just what we want for ourselves.
 
Well, I have to go. Because of Skipper's 'condition issues' Treesa got it into her head that Skipper needs a service dog. So me and Suzanne promised to help Skipper and Treesa sort through Treesa's sixth-scale animals to see if we can find a dog that would be a good match for Skipper.
 
Bye, Ken


No comments:

Post a Comment